Monday, November 4, 2013

UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND VISIT

We went to UMD again last week and for this time, we made some surveys among the students, faculty and some academicians.  Our aim was to find out on which goods and services they mostly spend money and their consumption especially about transportation and electric.  So that, we could find and search related supply members to become member of GreenSavings according to the preferences of the students and other university members.  I made a survey for the first time in my life and I have to say that it is not that easy to find someone and convince him/her to answer the questions.  The most common excuse for escaping the questions was 'I don't have time'.  I can understand them, because I also don't like answering these survey questions.  For my part, I have talked with 15 students and 3 faculty members.  I have found out that they mostly spend money on transportation and food.  They mostly do not pay their electrical bill because most of them stay in dorms.  I have learned the places that they go mostly for eating around the university and it is important for us to know these restaurants or cafes to negotiate with them for becoming a supply member.  But, generally it was fun I think and different experience for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment